Does my device need to be unlocked in order to use the KnowRoaming sticker?
Yes, your device needs to be unlocked. Generally you can find this information online or
by calling your service provider.
What devices are supported?
KnowRoaming supports unlocked:
- Android 4.0+ devices
- iPhone 4S and newer
- Windows Phones
Should you have any questions regarding your device please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Will the KnowRoaming sticker work on my SIM card?
The KnowRoaming SIM card works on all sized SIM cards including nano, micro and mini (full-sized)
SIMs. As long as your Android/Apple device is unlocked, the KnowRoaming product will work.
How much does a KnowRoaming sticker cost?
Currently the physical KnowRoaming sticker with a disposable applicator costs $35.00 plus shipping
Will the sticker work on tablets?
Yes, KnowRoaming will work on any Android or Apple tablet provided it takes a SIM card.
What is your replacement policy?
Should you need a new sticker, please contact email@example.com. The cost of a replacement sticker $20.00 + shipping.
Can I return my sticker?
At this time, all sales are final. KnowRoaming will issue a full refund for a defective sticker provided
you have contacted support before removing the sticker from your SIM card.
How does the KnowRoaming sticker work?
The KnowRoaming Sticker is an ultra-thin SIM card. When applied to your home SIM card,
the KnowRoaming Sticker can detect when you are at home or abroad. When abroad, the KnowRoaming Sticker
takes over and switches you onto the KnowRoaming network, enabling you to connect to our local partner
networks worldwide. After returning home, the KnowRoaming Sticker switches you back to your home
mobile network and remains dormant. It’s not possible to be on both your home SIM and the
KnowRoaming SIM at the same time.
The KnowRoaming App is an account management tool. It allows you to add money to your account,
check rates, view your usage, purchase numbers and activate your service to receive your home
mobile calls abroad.
Is it difficult to apply the KnowRoaming sticker to my SIM card?
Not at all! Your KnowRoaming sticker will come with an applicator that is easy
to use and will correctly apply the smart sticker to your SIM card.
What if I experience issues abroad?
KnowRoaming Support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you encounter any problems or
have any questions, contact our support team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Will the KnowRoaming sticker affect my home cell service?
No! The KnowRoaming sticker is dormant while in your home country. You are only switched onto the
KnowRoaming platform when you arrive abroad.
Can I transfer the sticker to another SIM card?
No, the KnowRoaming sticker will not work once removed from a SIM card. However, you can
transfer your same SIM card with the attached sticker to another phone.
Will KnowRoaming work on national only SIM cards?
Yes, KnowRoaming will work on a national only SIM card.
Will I receive my calls to my home mobile number?
KnowRoaming offers an optional service that allows you to receive all your calls to your home mobile number while using KnowRoaming abroad - connecting with friends and family back home will be as easy as if you haven't left!
If a forwarding number is available for your home country, you can subscribe to this service. If you are based outside of the U.S. and U.K. there is a monthly fee to activate this service. You can unsubscribe at any time - so there are no long-term commitments. The fee for this optional service is between $3 and $10 per month, depending on your home country. To enable this service, you will need to ensure that you have a call forwarding plan with your home mobile provider prior to travel.
Will I receive my text messages to my home mobile number?
We currently do not offer text message forwarding. While traveling abroad with KnowRoaming, you will not be able to
receive text messages sent to your home mobile number. When using KnowRoaming abroad, you can send and receive text messages
with your KnowRoaming numbers.
Which countries can I purchase a local/forwarding number for?
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- Puerto Rico
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
- United States
What is call back?
Call back is a calling system that reduces voice calls when traveling. The user makes a call
as normal but instead of the call being an outgoing call the call is disconnected when attempted
and the user receives an incoming call connecting the user to the desired number. In most destinations
customers can use either normal calling or call back.
What is call through?
This is a normal outgoing call. This is available in most destinations.
How long do I keep a purchased number for?
After purchasing a number, it's available for a minimum of one month. After one month, the number
will auto-renew every month until you unsubscribe from the number through the KnowRoaming App.
You can unsubscribe from a purchased number at any time.
Do I need to purchase a foreign number in a country I travel to?
No, you do not need to purchase additional numbers. You will still be able to receive and make calls.
KnowRoaming gives each account a US & UK number on which you can always be reached.
What happens if a local forwarding number is not available?
If a forwarding number is NOT available then you will not be able to receive your home cell calls abroad.
You will still be able to be reached on other purchased numbers as well as the free US & UK numbers associated
with your account.
What number shows up when I call someone abroad?
Your home cell number that you enter during registration shows up when making calls.
Can I get my voicemail while traveling?
Yes, KnowRoaming offers a voicemail service. It enables you to receive and check your voicemail as well as
record personal greetings. To access voicemail while connected to KnowRoaming, dial 605.
Will iMessage work while on the KnowRoaming platform?
Yes, iMessage will work but only with your email address.
Can I use KnowRoaming for data and my normal cell provider for voice and vice versa?
No, unfortunately you will only be able to access services from one provider at a time.
Can I check what the rates will cost before I use the service?
Definitely! You can check what the talk, text, and data rates will be on this website.
Alternatively, you can check the rates on our accompanying iPhone/ Android app -
there are no surprises.
Click here to see the rates.
Are there bundled roaming packages offered?
At this time we do not offer bundled packages. If you are a corporate customer please reach out to the
KnowRoaming team for a customized solution.
Will I ever get an unexpected roaming bill from you?
Absolutely not, KnowRoaming is a prepaid service.
How do I unlock my device?
- Must be a current or former AT&T customer
- Device must be designed for use on AT&T network
- Device must be paid for in full
- Device was not reported lost or stolen
- Current customers are allowed up to 5 unlocks per account per year
- Former customers are allowed a total of 5 device unlocks per former account
- Postpaid with Service Commitment: account must be in good standing, all contractual obligations
have been fulfilled (either by fulfilling Service Commitment by expiration of contractual term,
payment of applicable Early Termination Fee, OR upgrading to a new device under AT&T policies), and must
be at least 14 days following device upgrade
- Postpaid without Service Commitment: device must be active for at least 60 days, and account
must be in good standing
- Prepaid or GoPhone: device must be active for at least 6 months
- Unlock due to military deployment: any AT&T device can be unlocked for active and deployed member
of military provided they are a current AT&T customer, have an account in good standing, and can provide
- Takes approximately 1-5 business days
- Phone needs to be capable of international roaming
- Account must be in good standing
- Account must not have an account spending limit
- Phone must be active on current number for 90+ days
- One unlocked device per subscriber
- Must be a postpaid customer
- Contact international department through Live Chat
- OR call 888-226-7212
- Please reference source for more unlocking options and details regarding military personnel
- Must be a T-Mobile device
- Device not reported lost, stolen, or blocked
- Must not have requested more than 2 mobile device unlock codes per line of service in the last 12 months
- Account is in good standing
- Postpaid: service must be active for more than 40 consecutive days, customer must not have requested a code in the last 90 days
- Equipment Installment Plan (EIP): all payment satisfied and device paid in full
- Service contract term: at least 18 consecutive months have been paid for or migration fee was paid for devices
- Prepaid: active on T-Mobile network for more than a year or device must have had more than $25 in refills for basic
phones or $100 in refills for smartphones or tablets
- Former customer: account balance is zero
- Contact T-Mobile Customer Service at 1-877-746-0909
- Takes approximately 2 business days
- Exceptions may apply for Military Personnel and Business and Government Accounts
- 4G LTE: If device has global roaming capabilities, there is no SIM lock
- Must be Verizon Wireless customer
- Device must be active on Verizon Wireless line of service
- Account must have been in good standing for 60+ days
- Contact Verizon Global Support Team at 800-711-8300
- Device must be compatible (please reference source link)
- Device must have been on TELUS network for 90+ days, OR device was purchased outright and there is no outstanding
- Account is up to date and in good standing
- $35 fee will be applied to TELUS account
- Call TELUS Support to obtain unlock code
- Device must have been active for at least 90 days, OR device was purchased at the no-term price
- OR device was purchased at the no-term price
- Contact Rogers remotely or go to a retail/dealer store
- Subsidized phone: at least 90 days into term
- Prepaid, outright, or Bell employee accounts: can unlock immediately
- Credit limit or restriction on account (i.e. paid deposit or existing spending cap): at least 90 days into term regardless how how phone was purchased
- Tablets: cannot be unlocked
- No credit limit or restrictions on account: $50 fee
- Credit limit or restrictions on account: $150 fee
- Rebate with contract: device must have been registered in account for more than 90 days
- No rebate with contract: device must be registered in account
- Prepaid customers: must have sufficient balance in their accounts to cover unlocking fee
- Visit a Fido store or contact customer service
- Must be a SaskTel customer
- Visit a SaskTel Store or Authorized Cellular Dealer, or call 1-800-SASKTEL to obtain unlock code
- For more thorough step by step instructions please reference source link below
- Service must be active
- Start date must be earlier than 3 months/ 90 days ago OR must have purchased device outright
- Contact Customer Care or log in to My Account
- For more thorough step by step instructions, please reference source link below
- Not available for prepaid devices
- Available for some SIM-based postpaid phones (please reference source link below)
- Account must be in good standing
- To verify your device's compatibility, please reference source link below
- Current customer with account for at least six months
- IMEI must not be blacklisted (EE will confirm)
- Monthly paying customers must have an account balance of zero - everything needs to be paid up to date
- Complete request form (see source link below)
- Takes up to 20 days (or up to 60 days for Samsung)
- Pay as you go customers must have a credit balance of at least Â£21for the following 10 days to allow the unlocking fee to be
deducted from the balance
- Monthly and Business customers: can unlock at any time
- Pay&Go customers: can unlock 12 months after purchase
- Monthly and Business customers: no fee
- Pay&Go customers: £15
- iPhone users will be notified via text when their phone is unlocked
- Otherwise O2 will respond via email in 7 days with instructions
- IMEI cannot be blacklisted
- Pay monthly customers: no fee if you've had the plan for more than 12 months, otherwise £19.99
- Pay as you go customers: Â£19.99
- Small Business customers: Â£19.99, or no fee once your plan end
- Pay Monthly, Pay As You Go, and Small Business Customers: complete Network Unlock Code Request Form
- Other Business Customers: Contact your account manager
- Will usually respond within 48 hours
- If Vodafone needs to contact phone's manufacturer, may take an additional 7-10 days
- Customers without Three account must purchase a Three Pay As You Go SIM card
- Complete Unlocking Form or call 0843 373 3333
- May take up to 7 days
- Will receive unlock code in a text along with instructions
- Mobile device must have been purchased from Telstra
- Postpaid Devices: Personal and business customers with an account that has been active at least 4 months and have no
- Prepaid Devices: Contact Telstra at 1300 720 179
- Postpaid Device: No fee
- Prepaid Device: Possible fee of $50, $100, or $150 (depending on phone's model)
- Postpaid iPhone: Use Web Application,
then 72 hours later later follow Apple Unlock Instructions
- Prepaid iPhone: Enter *#06# on mobile, write down the IMEI number that is shown, and call 125 8880. 72 hours later, follow
Apple Unlock Instructions
- Other Prepaid Devices: Enter *#06# on mobile and write down the IMEI number that is shown, then call 1300 720 179 for
Source for prepaid devices
- Devices purchased with postpaid service may already be unlocked
- Must be a device sold directly by Optus and is locked to the Optus mobile network
- Prepaid iPhone: No fee
- Prepaid BlackBerry: No fee is service has been recharged to a minimum of $80 or if connected for more than 6 months,
otherwise there is an $80 fee
- Other Prepaid devices:
- Purchases before September 3, 2012: no fee
- Purchased on or after September 3, 2012: service continuously active for less than 6 months - $80 fee. Service continuously active for more than 6 months - $25 fee
- Postpaid iPhone/BlackBerry/MotoBlur: no fee
- Other postpaid devices: should be unlocked when purchased
- Prepaid iPhone: iPhone 4 higher users should update device to iOS 7, and iPhone 3/iPhone 3GS users who do not want
to update to iOS7 should perform a backup and restore iPhone with iTunes.
- Prepaid BlackBerry: Complete Unlocking Request Form
- Other prepaid devices and postpaid iPhone/BlackBerry/MotoBlur: Complete Unlocking Request Form
and pay fee online with credit card (if applicable)
- For more thorough step-by-step instructions, please reference source link.
- Can only unlock phones supplied by Vodafone Australia
- iPhone: no fee
- Other devices:
- Less than 6 months (customer care: $100, unlocking tool: $75)
- More than 6 months (customer care: $50, unlocking tool: $25)
All Other Countries
Please contact your mobile service provider to find out what their unlocking policy is.